Tuesday, June 10, 2008

For you I'd bleed myself dry


Stripped 2, originally uploaded by Pheobe Petrov.

Sometimes I put up guards to keep people at a distance. I know this about myself. Maybe it's insecurity, or maybe it's fear, but I usually keep people at a distance until I know who they really are and I feel like I can trust them enough to let them close. I'm a relatively shy person. Often people see that as being stuck up, but it's actually the complete opposite. I had a friend who never knew a stranger. They could walk into a room and talk to anyone in the place. Me, I am always the quiet one. It takes me a minute or two to get warmed up.

I've always been known as the "sweet" one. I trust people too much. It's hard to say no. I'm too forgiving. But, I'm a loyal person, and it's hard to let go of people.

As much as I think these are character flaws, this is me. And, once you strip yourself bare and let people really see who you are, you'll see who truly matters.

No comments: